Subject: Joypad on CD32 (fwd)
From: [email-masked] (Phil Martin u)
To: [email-masked] (AMOS Mail List)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 93 22:13:30 EDT

Forwarded message:

> G'day!
> 	If I were desgining something like that, I wouldn't have serial
> anything!  I would use the lines for the paddles to select which button I
> wanted to read (giving 4 buttons) and then reading the fire button.  This
> does have it's drawbacks though because it would necesitate reading the
> joystick 4 times to find the status of all of the buttons, but I think it
> would probably be quicker and less complicated (not to mention cheaper to
> make) than some sort of serial thingy.
> 
> 				Daniel

OK, I've seen a few postings about this here, just thought I'd let you know
what I've heard...

CD^32s will use an _11_ button (plus 4 direction) control pad. Also, each
port can handle _8_ controllers (yes, for a total of 16 players per game,
which works out to 176 buttons (plus 64 direction) total). This is the
truth as told by CU Amiga, Amiga Format, and Lew Eggebreght (sorry if the
spelling is wrong)

Hope this helps,

Phil Martin.
> 
> Daniel Parnell  -  Email to [email-masked]   -   AMIGA 500 1 MEG
>  Second Year Applied Physics student at R.M.I.T. Melbourne Australia.   *:|()
>    People who drink petrol shouldn't smoke.  AMOS 1.34 with Compiler and 3D
>       Squaxx Dek Thargo since prog 579 - C64 Oric Amiga Mac CCPM - Forth